Friday, May 17, 2013

Philadelphia Shakespeare Theater

I saw a production of Much Ado by the Philadelphia Shakespeare Theater last night and I can report, without reservation, that it was one of the best live performances of a Shakespeare play (heck, any play) I have yet seen. Just top notch, and I realize now the power of the live performance in really getting The Bard’s plays…gotta see it to believe it. The actors, the direction, the source material (of course), the companionship (you know who you are!), and the interest and involvement of the audience all came together perfectly to create a really memorable experience. So good job by all, and if you get a chance to see a play by these guys (and I will be going back for sure), do it, without a second thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment