Sunday, August 18, 2013

Easy Reading

So I absolutely breezed through The Two Nobel Kinsmen, reading it almost entirely in a single sitting. And I really liked it, partly because it was so little work, comparatively speaking. Taking a break from the density and complexity of the language was a welcome thing. For example, compare a typical page from the last play I read (Troilus and Cressida) to this one:


The highlighted parts are the reference notes for that page. See what I mean? It was easy to just glide along and take it in and get a rhythm going, as opposed to constantly breaking off to check up on some obscure word or phrase. Perhaps I’m also getting used to the language, which is helping as well. If so, I should be absolutely humming along by the time I get to the Tragedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment